April 29th, 2021
Orange Tier – COVID update
While Stay-at-Home orders have been lifted for Southern California Orange County remains in the orange risk category for COVID restrictions.
What does that mean for the School of Sailing and Seamanship?
Your safety is our #1 priority. We meet all social distancing and cleaning requirements so come escape and enjoy some time on Newport Bay.
- We continue to remain open for member rentals
- Classes are conducted outside and in small group sizes or in classrooms with reduced capacity
- Everyone is required to wear masks and sanitize hands often
- Reduced office and store capacities are required
Please note that while the CDC has recently updated guidance for outdoor activities, students and staff at the School of Sailing and Seamanship are still required to wear masks as per Coast Community College District mandate.
We have implemented guidelines for keeping our students, staff, and visitors healthy.
The OCC School of Sailing & Seamanship is following OCC and CDC guidelines to help protect you and our learning community. We encourage students to consider others as well as themselves and to take responsibility for their own health and safety amid the challenges of the coronavirus pandemic. Student protocols for safe participation include:
- Staying home if you are feeling sick.
- Wearing a facial covering during class and in common spaces.
- Social distancing, which includes six feet of separation.
- Refraining from eating or drinking while in the classroom.
To learn more:
- Watch a short video on our Covid-19 Guidelines
- Facility and Boat Guidelines
- Sailing Center Covid-19 Guidelines
With Covid-19 still active in our community the possibility of another closure remains a possiblity. In the event that we need to close or cancel classes again, affected participants will be contacted directly. Course fees may be converted to a voucher, or refunded minus any transaction fees.
We look forward to seeing you on the water soon.
The OCC School of Sailing & Seamanship
949-645-9412 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Office, Front Desk and Lazarette Hours (Phone & email):
Mon – Friday 9 am to 5 pm
Sat 9 am to 2:00 pm
Sun 9 am to 12:30 pm
Open at reduced capacity