To enjoy access to our rental fleet at great rates you must:
- Be a current member of the OCC Sailing Association
- Know how to sail and have knowledge of the rules of the road
- Pass two written tests – boat/sailing knowledge test and rules test (Rental check-out information, membership agreement, rental agreement and the ABC’s of California Boating, should be provided ahead of time for review)
- Schedule on-the-water skills assessment (A passing grade on the written test is required prior to scheduling the practical test.)
- 2-hours for current students – $165
- 3-hours for students new to our facility, or any student who would like a little time to practice before the check-out – $210
Our rental check-out process assumes you have sailed with us before either in a class or in a private lesson, and we also assume you have sailed on the boat you are getting checked out to rent.
If you have not sailed with us before you must pass the written test and register for a 3-hour on-the-water skills assessment which will include an orientation to our facility, docks, boats and best launching/landing practices.
The rental fleet is available by reservation or on an “as available” basis with priority given to scheduled classes. We are a self-service rental facility and when you rent a sailboat you are required to launch, rig, de-rig and clean up your boat.
COVID-19 Facility Guidelines must be followed at all times while renting. We encourage renters to bring and use their own life jackets.
An on-the-water review with an instructor is required for those who have not sailed with us in the past 12 months. No exceptions.
Current students – OCC SA Skipper Certification (Lido or Harbor 20) $165 2-hour practical*
New students – OCC SA Skipper Certification (Lido 14 or Harbor 20)** $210 3-hour practical*
Re-Certification (if you have not rented from us in the last 12 mo) $ 65 1-hour review
* Candidates must pass the written test prior to scheduling the on-the-water practical.
** The practical assessment for Harbor 20 rental can also be accomplished by taking the Harbor 20 Level 2 Extra Class.
|Boat|| Half -day
(up to 4 hours)
(4 to 8 hours)
| Weekday Evening Sail (May 1 – Aug 31)
5:00pm to Sunset