Welcome to the Orange Coast College School of Sailing and Seamanship, and thank you for visiting our website.
We are among the nation’s largest public boating education programs, annually enrolling 5,000 people of all ages in classes, seminars, and voyages. More than 60 staff members help us achieve our mission. We are dedicated to providing access to excellence in boating education. A hallmark of our program is its comprehensiveness. We offer courses in virtually all aspects of sailing, powerboating, seamanship, and navigation.
The School is operated by Orange Coast College, one of California’s largest community colleges.
Located on Newport Harbor at 1801 W. Coast Highway in Newport Beach, the School is open seven days a week. The School’s facilities include offices, docks, work shops and classrooms. The School also has an extensive nautical library. Three dozen boats are operated by the School, including dinghies, keelboats, cruising boats, offshore racers and powerboats.
Unlike the College, the School is not publicly funded. Course fees and other income make up about 70% of our annual $1.3 million budget. The remaining 30% is met from gifts made to our non-profit program through the Orange Coast College Foundation. Private giving is very important to the School. Donations of boats, marine equipment, books, and cash or securities from many sailors in our community has greatly contributed to our success.
If you are interested in learning more about boating and all related subjects, we are ready to help make it happen. We look forward to meeting you!
- The History of The OCC School of Sailing and Seamanship
- Hours, Directions, and Parking
- Nautical Library
- Contact Us
- Our Team
- OCC Website Privacy Statement