Saturday, June17, 2023
- 12 noon to 4 pm
- Admission: It’s like the wind … absolutely FREE!
- Registration is now open. Walk-ins welcome.
Our Discover Sailing & Open House is returning this summer after a three year hiatus. If you’ve never joined before, why not make this your year – it’s a lot of fun!
Join us for an afternoon of fun, food and sailing on Newport Harbor.
This event is dedicated to getting new sailors on the water and for others to re-discover sailing during the longest sailing days of the year. If you’ve never sailed before, or want to share sailing with a non-sailor, this special day is for you! Of course we have other activities to share with you as well, so don’t miss a fun, free event.
SUMMER SAILSTICE SCHEDULE
- Hop on board for a sail with one of our instructors – bring someone for their first time!
- Take the helm of our Full Mission Bridge Simulator
|Visit the Open House at our new state of the art Professional Mariner Training Center
|Enjoy a sail on Newport Harbor aboard a Lido 14, Harbor 20 and our Catalina 42 Betty.
|Take a relaxing harbor cruise aboard our 31′ powerboat Mia Lucia
|Tour our 96′ motor yacht Anacapa
|Explore our hands-on Sailing & Science STEM station – connecting Sailing and Science
|Enjoy a FREE Hot Dog BBQ
- Sign-up to win a certificate for a FREE Beginning Sailing Class, Youth Summer Sailing Camp or Safe Powerboat Handling Class
Our goal is to get 100 new sailors on the water, so we will have a dozen boats with skippers available to take you sailing on Newport Harbor.
Pre-registration is now OPEN.
- Walk-ins welcome.
- A ticket is required for all guests, including children. Children 17 and under must be accompanied and supervised at all times by an adult
Hot dogs will be served from 12:30 to 3:00 pm and the opportunity drawing for free classes will take place at 3:30. You will receive your opportunity drawing ticket when you sign your waiver at check-in. You do not need to be present to win.
Parking can be a challenge, so be sure to allow yourself enough time to park. Additional parking is available along PCH and in the public parking lot at Tustin and Avon. Please help us be good neighbors by not parking next door at the Newport Seabase. Our address is 1801 W. Coast Hwy., Newport Beach, CA 92663.